Prep: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 40 Mins
Made with ingredients you may already have in your pantry, these pork chops are slathered in a country-style sauce then baked until sticky and golden. Add potatoes or any other vegetable that will bake in around the same time!
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or white)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 4 pork chops
- Around 1.5 lbs of potatoes (whatever is available)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 430F (standard oven).
- Toss potatoes in oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter on baking tray.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes (giving them a head start).
- Meanwhile, mix the Rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Slather the pork on both sides with the Rub, leaving some Rub for later.
- Take the potato tray out of the oven. Place pork on the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tray from oven, spoon over left over rub on the surface then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take tray out of the oven, switch to grill/broiler on high.
- Use a brush to get the golden juices off the tray (especially around pork) and dab it back onto the pork – this is key for flavour and colour!
- Pop pork under grill/broiler for a few minutes until pork is caramelized and golden.
- Serve, scraping the juices on the tray onto the pork.
- Serve with whatever side is available – rice or salad would work perfectly.
Recipe and photo credit: http://www.recipetineats.com/oven-baked-pork-chops-with-potatoes/