- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs, remove bones yourself if need be) – about 2 breasts or 6-8 thighs – slice breasts once, horizontally, to make a total of 4, semi-flat slices. For thighs, pound slightly with a can or meat mallet just to flatten. Boneless Pork chops can be used also
- 4 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed (say that 5x fast!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (plain dairy-free is fine, OR use 1/4 cup evaporated milk + 1/4 cup water
- 4 slices deli ham, chicken or turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (or any other cheese you have on hand)
- Pinches of each, salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil/butter/margarine, melted, plus more for greasing tray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking tray with a little oil/butter/margarine. Beat eggs with milk. Place crushed cornflakes in a dish large enough to easily coat chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with a little salt and pepper, then dip each piece, first into egg mixture, then crumbs. Place on prepared baking tray. Use a brush to gently dab oil/melted butter onto coating
- Bake 20-30 mins/until done, then top with equal amounts of cheese and ham. Bake 5 mins more.