Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
A delicious and easy recipe that is sure to please the whole family!
- 2 large bell peppers (any colour), cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 bratwurst sausages (about 1.5 lbs)
- 6 buns or rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Toss together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread mixture in an even layer in a lightly greased (with cooking spray or olive oil) heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined sheet pan.
- Poke each sausage 6 times with a wooden pick. Place sausages 3 to 4 inches apart on pepper mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes; increase oven temperature to broil. Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until browned, turning sausages halfway through.
- Place 1 sausage in each roll, and top with the desired amount of pepper mixture.
Recipe & Photo Credit: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bratwurst-peppers-onions