Using flavoured instant oatmeal and Greek yogurt gives this delicious, high-protein, make-ahead breakfast its dessert-like richness without a lot of fuss or ingredients! What’s even better is that you can easily customize this satisfying (and seemingly decadent) no-cook breakfast to make everyone happy at your breakfast table! Try playing with different ingredients in your pantry!
- 1 cup milk of your choice (dairy-free is fine, such as cashew, oat, etc.) vanilla or unflavoured, plus more for serving (for evaporated milk, mix 1/3 cup water + 2/3 cup evaporated milk), divided
- 4 individual packets instant oatmeal – either maple & brown sugar or cinnamon spice flavour (or unflavoured plus a teaspoon of maple syrup and/or a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce – plain apple/apple cinnamon, sweetened or unsweetened – (note that 2 snack-sized cups = 1 cup), divide
- 1 cup vanilla-flavoured Greek yogurt – or regular/dairy-free vanilla yogurt (though Greek is best for richness and, more importantly, protein), divide
- 4 Tbsp roughly chopped pecans (if you don’t have any, just omit – it will still be delicious as “Apple Pie Oats”!), divide
- 1-2 apples, cored and sliced – for serving, if desired
- In each of 4 small mason jars or bowls, combine 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, & 1 packet oatmeal. Mix to combine and refrigerate, covered, overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- To serve, mix & drizzle with a little more milk to thin, if desired, sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp chopped pecans
Missing some ingredients or craving something different? No problem! Replace applesauce with mashed banana and swirl in some melted peanut butter in place of the pecans for a peanut butter & banana delight! Or, try fresh/frozen sliced strawberries in the place of the applesauce and top with a dollop of Nutella instead of pecans!