- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled pasta mixture to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little tomato sauce if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1.330 cups: 317 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Recipe & Photo Credit: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/jiffy-ground-pork-skillet/